This is huge news!
Would you like to get married at Pride?
We are incredibly proud to offer (non-legally binding) commitment ceremonies for couples, friends or individuals to celebrate love, bravery or just because.
We are working with Somerset Registration Service and @jenthecelebrant to offer ceremonies in the middle of the Wellbeing Zone at Taunton Live and Pride on 16th July 2022. No need to book; just dress up in your most spiffy outfit, come and find us, choose the kind of ceremony you want, and join us in our beautiful little tree cathedral.
Even more exciting, we have a fantastic prize on offer. Would you and partner like to have a Celebrant led wedding live on stage at Taunton Pride with @jenthecelebrant?
Jen (she/her) is offering her exciting ceremony package to one lucky couple on the day. Whether you are a mixed-sex or single-sex couple, this competition is open to you! Simply tell us why you want to #getmarriedatpride in the comments below, and we will randomly draw one couple on 31 st May.
Jen will work alongside you to create your own special wedding ceremony.
Your ceremony will be all about you and your love story, no other couple will have a ceremony like it! Jen will also officiate the ceremony live on stage!
Let’s make this little corner of social media full of your love stories – we have tissues at the ready!
Terms and conditions are below and don’t forget to tag your friends who need to know this.
Terms and Conditions of Entry
1. The promoter is Go Create Taunton CIC, whose registered office is at Room 11, Flook House, Belvedere Road, Taunton TA1 1BT and is the competition is administered by Go Create.
2. The competition is open to residents of the United Kingdom aged 18 years or over except anyone otherwise connected with the organisation or judging of the competition.
3. There is no entry fee and no purchase necessary to enter this competition.
4. By entering this competition, an entrant is indicating his/her/their agreement to be bound by these terms and conditions.
5. Route to entry for the competition is through Facebook.
6. Only one entry will be accepted per person. Multiple entries from the same person will be disqualified.
7. The winner, or recipient of the prize, must be 18 years or over, legally able to marry or form a partnership, and be intending to do so.
8. Entrants may enter the competition on behalf of another person, but that person must be 18 years or over, be legally able to marry or form a partnership, and be intending to do so.
9. Closing date for entry will be 31 st May 2022 at midnight GMT. After this date no further entries to the competition will be permitted.
10. No responsibility can be accepted for entries not received for whatever reason.
11. The rules of the competition and how to enter are as follows:
Add a comment to the Taunton Pride Facebook competition post, answering the following question: Why do you want to #getmarriedatpride
Entrants are not required to like, share or follow Go Create, Taunton Live or Taunton Pride as a condition of entry, though they will be encouraged to do so.
12. The promoter reserves the right to cancel or amend the competition and these terms and conditions without notice in the event of a catastrophe, war, civil or military disturbance, act of God or any actual or anticipated breach of any applicable law or regulation or any other event outside of the promoter’s control. Any changes to the competition will be notified to entrants as soon as
possible by the promoter.
13. The promoter is not responsible for inaccurate prize details supplied to any entrant by any third party connected with this competition.
14. The prize is as follows: A bespoke blessing ceremony at Taunton Live and Pride Festival on 16 th July 2022 conducted by Jen Whitworth, wedding and funeral celebrant, known commercially as Jen The Celebrant. The winning couple will meet in advance of the day to discuss the content of the ceremony and write their own vows.
15. The prize is as stated and no cash or other alternatives will be offered. The prizes are not transferable. The ceremony will only be available on 16 th July 2022 at Taunton Live and Pride, and on the main stage as part of the festival.
No alternative dates will be available in the event that the prize winners are unable to attend the festival or for ill-health.
16. The winner will be chosen at random by software, from all entries received excluding any duplicate entries and verified by the Promoter and or its agents.
17. The winner will be notified by direct message on Facebook within 7 days of the closing date. If the winner cannot be contacted or does not claim the prize within 14 days of notification, we reserve the right to withdraw the prize from the winner and pick a replacement winner.
18. The competition and these terms and conditions will be governed by English law and any disputes will be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of England.
19. By entering, entrants agree to their entry comment being used in marketing material, with or without attribution.
20. By entering, the winner agrees to the use of his/her name and image in any publicity material, as well as their entry comment. They agree to their name being supplied to Jen The Celebrant for the purposed of arranging delivery of the photography element of the prize.
21. Any personal data relating to the winner or any other entrants will be used solely in accordance with current UK data protection legislation and will not be disclosed to a third party without the entrant’s prior consent.
22. The winner’s name will be available 28 days after closing date by emailing the following address: email@example.com
23. Entry into the competition will be deemed as acceptance of these terms and conditions.
24. This promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Facebook or any other Social Network. You are providing your information to Go Create and not to any other party.
25. GoCreate’s decision as to those able to take part and selection of winners, and all matters to do with the competition is final. No correspondence relating to the competition will be entered into.